To prepare Category IV engineers for the new updated F Gas qualification – City & Guilds 2079
By the end of this topic you will be able to:
- Describe the International System of Units (SI) applicable to the refrigeration industry
- Explain reasonable operating temperature differences for condensers and evaporators.
- State the four stages of the basic vapour compression cycle, and describe their structure and function.
- Explain the relationship between pressure and temperature, and its effect on the heat transfer properties of a refrigerant.
- Explain how heat is transferred during the evaporation and condensation stages of the vapour compression cycle.
- Define the terms sensible heat, latent heat, subcooling and superheat.
- State how the phase change of zeotropic fluids is different to standard single substance or azeotropic blend refrigerants.
- State how key international Protocols and Regulations directly affect the refrigeration industry.
- List the contents required in plant/system records.