Aims:To explain the concept of pressure, how pressure is calculated and the operation of pressure gauges.
Objectives:By the end of this topic you will be able to:
- Explain the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics
- Define the terms Sensible Heat, Latent Heat and Superheat
- Define Specific Heat and Calculate the heat quantity of a substance required to bring about a specified temperature change
- Explain the heat transfer processes of Conduction, Convection and Radiation and how they differ
- Explain the units for measuring temperature and the concept of Absolute Temperature